Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I find the Theosophy Centre?
- Do I need to bring my own Mat?
You do not need to bring your own mat but if you have one, it’s a good idea. You could also bring your own blanket and cushion. After a few classes, I would hope that you will bring your own mat etc
- I’m a beginner. Which class is suitable for me?
Otherwise, all of the classes are aimed at the general public, with higher options offered during the class for those with more experience.
- Does the teacher need to know anything about my health before I come along to class? If so, why?
- How do I book a class?
- I have tried to book and it looks like it’s full. Could it be full?
- Is there a pregnancy Yoga Class running?
For all pregnancies, the recommended time to start Yoga, is from the second trimester onwards.
Additionally, it would be necessary to come along and have a chat with the teacher before the class to make sure you know what you can and cannot do in the Yoga Class.
Yoga is fabulous for pregnancy though- it helps with every aspect of it!
- Can I come along to a casual class to try it out?
- Can I bring along my own mat, blanket and cushion?
- If I’m not feeling well, can I still come along to class?
However, many people just feel tired, overwhelmed, unsocial, or have an achy back/shoulder, a bad period etc. If this is the case, you can absolutely come along and let me know how you are feeling. I can give you an easy to follow gentle sequence with pictures that you can follow quietly, perhaps joining in with the rest of the class if/when you feel like it. That way, you will still get to enjoy any breathing exercises and relaxation that we do, which will invariably make you feel much better!
- If I forget to cancel a class and do not turn up, will I lose a class off my concession card
- Do I need to be very fit to come to Yoga Classes?
- Is it important that I tell the teacher if I have a new injury that might limit me during class?
- What kind of yoga is this?
- Do classes run the whole year round?
Currently, there is a 2 week break between terms, but there are lots of casual holiday classes running between terms.
- I can’t make it to my class, how do I cancel my Ezybook booking?
- I have never used Ezybook before, what do I need to know?
- We are new to yoga and there's 2 of us - can we book in under one name only?
Ezybook requires you to book individually or it will only book one spot and then one of you could miss out. So yes, you need to book in individually to book 2 spots.